Monday, February 6, 2012

Spring?

Playing with the macro lens and some rare February blossoms last weekend...


Spring is the "new" season. New growth, fresh blossoms. I'm so ready for this spring. It's been a mild winter, weather-wise (minus the rain), but not so much otherwise. I can see the door opening for a lot of new things in my life. New growth and a fresh start. I'm not quite there... but then spring is not quite here either.



I have a lot to look forward to in the coming months. March is going to ah-mazing - shows for The Pack A.D., Mumford & Sons and The Avett Brothers all within three weeks. Wow. I still can't quite believe it's happening or that I got that lucky.
Now I get to wait around for it to get here. I'm not so good at that, the patience part. I'm getting better and I make an effort every day to slow down and take things for what they are. It's not the easiest thing for me though. I'm debating on getting a pause button for my next tattoo. Crazy right? I need one. Sometimes, I just need to hit the pause button, take a step back and realize the smallness of what seems like a very big deal at the time.

I'm thankful to be able to do things like this, take pictures of beautiful things, appreciate the wonder and beauty of the world around me. It helps me slow down, to put the focus (pun intended haha) on something other than my life for a little while.
Now it's cold and dark again... after all, it is February. I've made it this far, only a few more weeks to go. Soon, the sun will make a more permanent appearance, the days will get longer, the warmth will return and the cold weariness will be but a memory. Until then, more random posts and pictures are sure to come :)

Here are a couple more macros... subject is a bouquet from a work event.


Peace,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment