Monday, January 28, 2013

No, REALLY!

It's a new year, I'm going to start blogging more. Really I am. I kinda have to, I've signed up to contribute to the NA Crafters blog twice a month. So I figured I might get a head start on that and well, I should probably update anyone who's interested on what I've been up to lately.

I moved FOUR times in 2012. four. times. It's so much fun, I thought I would just keep doing it. Ok, not really. I'll spare you the details but I owned a house that I wasn't living in and I sold it so here I am, getting settled into the house I will hopefully be in for awhile.

I have creative space again and I've been painting like crazy. I also finally got myself the Silhouette cutting machine I've been drooling over for like a year. That thing is like creative crack, I swear. I.just.cant.stop. Lyrics, ladybugs, nature, owls, damask prints, musically inspired prints... I've done a little bit of everything and I'm seriously just getting started. Here's a few of the paintings I've done recently:

I've also accepted the fact that I'm completely addicted to Pinterest and Spotify and I'm embracing it. Might as well go with it right? So to that effect, I figured I would share a Pinterest recipe and a Spotify playlist with you guys when I blog. So here goes:

Recipe of the week: Shredded chicken - http://pinterest.com/pin/11399805278355903/
Seriously one of the easiest slow cooker meals I've ever done. It's three ingredients, I cooked it on high for 4 hours and now I have tons of shredded chicken for tacos, salads, and I'm planning on trying enchiladas with a sour cream sauce. I used black bean and corn salsa and a low sodium taco seasoning packet. Such a great flavor. Yummmmmmers! (yummers? really? yeah.)

Spotify playlist: 


This one has The Lumineers on it, as well as some Ben Howard, Gary Clark Jr. and a band called Branches. I am a huge Lumineers fan. They are on my list of shows to see in 2013. I'll post that list later. This is my winter playlist. I tend to latch on to several new songs at once, which generally turns into a 2-3 month cycle of listening to these songs, adding more and then the seasons change and I move on to something else. It's kind of cool because if I go back and listen to these songs a few or several months later, it always brings back memories of what I was doing at that point, road trips I took, experiences with friends and what have you. So here's my winter playlist, enjoy!

Anyways, 2013 is going to be a FANTASTIC year with lots of awesome blog posts. Maybe. :-)

Peace,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment