Monday, September 3, 2012

A change is gonna come...

Turns out I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do.... I started a blog, wrote a few posts and then ignored it. Well, hopefully with the changes happening with work and all, I will have some time to focus and contribute a little more.

Today is Labor Day and I'm previewing the new Avett Brothers album on NPR, The Carpenter. I've actually already purchased the pre-release vinyl set but the download won't be available until the album release date. Anyways, I'm definitely digging the album and I have a feeling a few of these songs will be on the greenway playlist (and on repeat).

My favorite song, although not the album version, is "Down with the Shine". I've heard this song several times live and it is definitely one of my favorites of theirs. The album version doesn't do the live version justice, but then again, the same hold's true for most of their songs.

My other soon to be favorite's (in no particular order):
- "Life"
- "The Once and Future Carpenter"
- "Live and Die"
- "February Seven"
- "Through My Prayers"

Would love to hear your opinions on the album or suggestions on other new releases I should check out!

Peace,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment